Established in 1999, the Duke Medicine's Office of Government Relations works to build and strengthen relationships with federal and state policy makers and others whose understanding and support are vital to Duke Medicine and Duke University Health System.
We represent Duke on health related issues in Washington, DC, and, at the state level, we are the point of contact on all issues that are relevant to the health system as well as the university.
We serve as the point of coordination between government officials and members of the Duke community to:
- Inform and influence public policy that supports a positive environment for research universities and academic medicine
- Serve as a resource on legislative matters that may affect Duke’s missions of education, research, patient care, and community service
- Build relationships that advance Duke’s federal and state health policy interests
The office is headed by Paul Vick, who is associate vice president for government relations. We report to the Chancellor for Health Affairs and, to assure coordination of efforts, we work cooperatively with a number of other Duke departments, including:
- Duke University Office of Public Affairs and Government Relations
- Duke University Office of Federal Relations
- DUHS Office of Community Relations
Our office is located in Erwin Square, 2200 West Main Street, Suite 910-A, Durham, NC, 27705.
Our mailing address is:
Office of Government Relations
Duke University Health System
DUMC Box 3524
Durham, NC 27710
Main phone: 919-416-8910